Sunday, September 05, 2010

There is a girl.

A new girl has moved into the neighborhood. She lives a couple of houses down, is 13, and is cute and giggly. She also has a little brother who is Matty's age.

She has discovered my 14-year-old son. And more importantly my son has also discovered her. She has been hanging around the house a lot, joining in on the neighborhood play...which is fine. But unlike all the other kids, who ring the doorbell and ask, "Can the BOYS play?" She rings the doorbell and asks, "Can Cobb play?" There are several other teen boys on the street, but mine is the one that she finds most interesting.

Last night, oldest boy asked if he could go down to new girl and boy's house to play on their porch. I'm so used to just letting the kids hang out that I said yes.
Then I realized that my son and a 13-year-old girl were sitting on a porch in the dark.

If you have sons or once were a 13-year-old girl, I know you're feeling the exact same way as I am.

sigh
I am so not ready for this next phase of parenting.

No comments: