We're moving. Not the blog but the family. ZD is going to PSC (Permanent Change of Station) to Fort Bliss.
I'm trying to be ok with the whole move-to-the-desert-away-from-all-my-beloved-green-plants thing. Every time I get sort of ok, the man moves the date.
In August, we thought we would move in August, 2011. No problem. That's a year to get ready. Cool.
At the first of September, the date changed to mid July. Hmmm...ok, 10 months. I can get a lot done in 10 months.
A week later, the date moved to mid June. Whoa....mid June is only 9 months. While that's plenty time to grow a baby....it's getting short on time to move a household of 6 and 12 years worth of stuff, 22 hours away from our whole family. Plus that interferes with Scout Summer camp and bridging and co-op and pretty much everything else that we do.
Last night, ZD did it too me again. he spoke with his commanders and worked the actual dates.
May 15 is when he will report.
MAY!!!
I don't even know how to respond to May.
If he comes home today and says "April," my head will explode.
4 comments:
And how do you feel about Texas? I'm not a fan. If James Bond ever gets orders to Texas, he goes alone. I am literally allergic to the entire freaking state of Texas. I've had to drive through 3 times (on various PCS's) and I've sneezed my head off every flipping time, for all 9 gazillion miles. Why is that state so big????
Good luck with your PCS. Nine months is PLENTY of time. We did a transatlantic move in less than 2 months once, including shipping 2 dogs, 2 cars, all our HHG and Indy, who was 2 at the time. You'll do fine! The best thing about a PCS is decluttering! Yay for decluttering!
Okay, here's the great thing about May. Ft. Bliss has an AWESOME swimming pool on post with 3 water slides! Like all post pools, it's only open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, so you'll be getting there just in time for pool season.
And you're not moving while pregnant or with an infant, so count that as a plus.
I may have to remind you with every comment from now on that I loved Ft. Bliss and El Paso. I hope you'll love it too!
Becca,
Please do. I need to hear all the tips, tricks, and really good things about living in El Paso. it is so very different from what I'm used to that I am very worried.
Maybe you and the boys can hang back long enough to wrap up the big Scouting events? I feel for you--you've been through a lot and I know this is not easy. But, a change of place can do good things too--make you sort and toss junk, realign more priorities, refocus in good ways. Still, I'm with you if they move the date again!
Post a Comment