Yep, We're packing up all the Zoo gear and heading 14 miles up the road to camp at the Lake. Just me, ZD, the boys and 116 other folks from our Cub Pack. And I'm in charge of this little dog and pony show.
Actually, this is my second time camping this month. I'm sure getting my money's worth out of all those supplies.
This camp out is our annual fall camp. With so many participants, we've elected to do our own instead of going to the district sponsored event.
I'm get a little woozy thinking about where I'm going to put all the tents and how much food to buy for the Saturday night dinner. (Which thankfully, I do not have to cook.) We're having spooky games, finishing the Leave No Trace award, having some den time, and eating a criminal number of s'mores.
And just for fun, we're bringing a half-dozen Boy Scouts along to camp with the Webelos II's. They are camping as a patrol and cooking their own meals in a their own little camping areas. The Scouts a little nervous and wildly excited about the whole idea. The parents are just nervous.
We're kind of in denial about the fact that these boys will be full-fledged Boy Scouts in just a few more months. For most of them, this will be their first time they've camped in a tent without Mom or Dad.
I'm packing everything that might be remotely useful. Even the microwave for popcorn. We're Cubbies....we don't have to rough it.
No comments:
Post a Comment