Thursday, September 24, 2009

Another reason why my children must be homeschooled

I can't send them to public school. Nope.
The "baby" who is 1st grade this year in here in the living room doing his math workbook on the coffee table.
As he does each problem, he says it out loud in a game show voice....."Seven plus two is...NINE. Then he sings his little theme song while he writes down the answer.
Dun-nu dun-nu nuuuuu dun-nu-nu-nu.
Which I guess is better than him randomly singing verses of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" like he was yesterday.

Oh yeah, the PS teachers would just love this kid. He'd be "on red" and I'd get phone calls every single day.

3 comments:

Hopewell said...

Phone calls, emails, letters, little notes.....lol....been there, done that! Keep your boy close and at home. It's too sweet.

Your Organizing Guru said...

Yeah... we're in the same boat. The PS teachers do not get that my child chooses the wrong answer on purpose until getting to the right one b/c it is more fun that way. If he has 4 options he will point at the three wrong ones announcing "No! That's not right!" for each one. As long as they are learning and establishing a lifelong love for learning, does it really matter the route they take to get there? I think not.

@juliebavi

Dy said...

I love the running background commentary. There were a couple of "quiet" times here, when Z had the kids out last week, and... man, a house w/o the constant chatter can be a bit unnerving.

Think we should tape these days, so we can play them back years later? Me, too.