Really, if you're going to post nasty comments about a 6-year-old child, at least put on your big girl panties and put your name on your nastiness.
So I knit some stuff.
Actually, I knit a lot of stuff but I've only taken pictures of a couple of lacy things.
Hi ya'll! Here's my first bit of lace. I had never knit a shawl before. Hats, socks, scarves...I even knit a sweater. (It was kind of a cheater sweater. I'll drag out some photos later on.) This particular shawl was great for me because I knit it with sock yarn. And it was ridiculously easy. Other than that, I can't tell you anything else. I can't remember the pattern, the yarn color, or what size needles I used.
Here's my second piece of lace. I can tell you more about this one.
The red yarn is Socks that Rock (Brick) that was double stranded. The multi-color is Noro Iro in some unknown colorway. The pattern is from the Fall issue of Knitty, Colonnade. I knit the red for a few extra rows and knit the multicolor for a few extra rows. I also added extra toggle buttons and totally skipped that i-cord stuff. (The thing has holes in it for the buttons. Why make more.) I wanted this to be more of a poncho than shawl. I figure it will be nice on those "too warm for a coat" days. I totally love it and I'm really glad that I finally found a use for all that Iro.
And what have the boys been up to?
The oldest one has embraced his naturally curly hair and started using my shampoo. (ZD says he looks like he has a perm.) Sammy....well, he's being the bold, grab-life-by-the-horns kids that he's always been.
And Anders has decided that he wants to be a farmer. (Good thing we have a farm for him) He has a special affinity to pigs and chickens.
Much fun was had by all.
3 comments:
Love the knitting (of course)....and how dare anyone say anything about those boys? What did they say? (email me)
Jos went to Kackleberry farms with our church youth group. He had a ball. I found lots of corn in the washer/dryer. LOL
I want to see that SWEATER!!!
lovely knitting! I have tried to learn how to knit with needles....I made a hat that I didn't sew the seam very well on....I would love to learn socks and sweaters....someday....
That lace is AMAZING! Is that you modeling it? So pretty, whoever it is.
And, I refuse to show my boys the pictures from the outing. Because they will realize that we just didn't do anything like that this year... and for now, that's best. But ohhh, I want a zipline off the balcony, now! (Maybe I'll just show Zorak...)
How is it that our boys are all growing up so stinkin' fast? Look at them - your oldest looks like he's about to just topple right on over into manhood any days now! Gah. *blink* - and *poof* - and *blam* (I've been living w/ boys too long... sound effects now seem like a reasonable means of communication. *sigh*)
Post a Comment