Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An unexpected day off

This morning, I woke with the realization that I was going to have a really, really crazy day.
I lie in bed going planning out my day mentally.
First, get all four boys up, fed, and started on school work. Then the two middle boys had speech at the local public school.
After lunch, we had to gather up the baseball supplies, order new cleats for the oldest boy (They don't sell his size in the stores.), and then head over to the sports place to buy a new glove, a new bat, and some baseballs. (I think the cat has been eating the baseballs in the off season. And you would think that with a dozen baseball gloves and a half dozen bats, that each child would be able to find one of each to suit them.)

After shopping, I would pack drinks and snacks for the evening then grab my great-nephew from school. Said school is half an hour from my house in the opposite direction of the baseball fields. Then turn around and drive 45 minutes to baseball practice. 5 kids with practice from 4:30 to 7:30.
Then I planned to pick up pizza before heading out to a meeting at 8 pm. (I planned on being a little late to the meeting.)

But speech was cancelled due to a meeting at the school.
All the children managed to find gloves, hats, and bats that they felt were appropriate. Everything was quickly packed into the truck along with chairs, snacks, and water bottles.

Then one by one, all four coaches called to cancel practices. The recent rains have flooded the fields and practicing on them would tear up the new grass growth.

At least I'll make it to my meeting on time.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds like a perfect day! And... you've just reminded me to call my son's coach because he's still too sick to practice today. So thanks for that!