Thursday, April 16, 2009

Somebody break out the "Pomp and Circumstance"

After 5 years of Occupational Therapy, thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours, daily exercise, and buying all kinds of therapy equipment....today the two middle boys had an OT assessment.

They have finally reached that elusive 45th percentile. (And actually higher in most areas.)

They have matriculated from OT.

Sure, there's still some work to do. But overall, they have made such progress. That little boy that couldn't walk from the waiting room to the therapy room without falling down 2 or 3 times.....he can hit a pitched ball and run the bases. The little guy who couldn't put his hand together to catch a beach ball....he can catch a baseball in his glove almost every time.

And his older brother who was once a collections of tics and twitches, can sit peacefully, write neatly, and I'll be danged....the boy can seriously hit. He roller skates and can pop a wheelie on his bike. And he makes the most beautiful beaded jewelry that you have seen from a 10-year-old. (He's started working with sterling silver.)

I'm so proud of them. I was told tht this day might never come but I knew it would.

Now whatever will I do with that extra 3 hours a week?

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Fantastic and heartwarming!...and now you'll be able to change your sidebar ('who is this woman?') Life will no longer revolve around therapy! :)

Pensguys said...

WOW!!! Congrats to you and the boys! You won't know what to do with yourself now!!

Shellbie said...

Hooray!!!
Maybe plan a SnB with that extra time....

nisha said...

Umm, what to do with the extra time... Knit?

Job said...

WOO HOO!!!!! Such great news!!!!! Extra time? How about... science classes? ;-P

Hopewell said...

AWESOME!!!!!! What a super reason to celebrate!!! Will you please post some photos of the jewelry? My d is into making it and my son thinks no guys would ever do that...hahah. I'd love to see his work! Congratulations to Mom and Dad too for never giving up on their boys!

Your Organizing Guru said...

Congratulations and THANK YOU, Thank You, thank you for this post!!!! ~J

Dy said...

Sheila, what a fantastic post to be able to write! I'm so proud of them, of you, and thankful to the Lord. WOOHOO!!!!!