The youngest one is 5 and let's just say that he inherited his mother's talking gene.
Today is a beautiful ,albeit, windy day. It's also the first day of Spring Break and the neighborhood is infested with children to play with.
As I tried to convince the youngest boy to go outside and play, he told me that he couldn't go outside because of the bees.
Yep, that was his explanation."Because of the bees. I can tell the difference. Not the boys from the girls because they all look alike. I can tell the bees from the wasps. And those are bees.....plus it's windy."
I paused to register all this explanation and he continued, "The wind is blowing really hard and a bee might just get caught in the wind and blow into me and sting me. Even if he, or it might be a girl...even if she didn't even want to sting me."
Now, we don't have a bee problem. There are bees in the area because there are flowers. We don't have bee hives nor have I seen a mass migration of stinging creatures, so I'm not sure where this worry comes from. So I told him to take his chances and go outside anyway.
Wouldn't you know it, as soon as he stepped outside, a bee was blown into him.
She didn't sting him. Thank goodness. I would have never heard the end of that if she had.
Watch out for bees. Flying or wind-borne.
2 comments:
ROTFLOL!!!
that reminds me of Brean when we first got to Augusta. We'd lived in west Texas, and the Mojave his whole life, so he'd never been around really tall trees. Those pines in that area really freaked him out. He kept saying they were going to fall on us. Well, a few days after we moved in, we walked out of the apartment to find limbs laying all over the place from an ice storm. He looked at them, looked at me, and said See, I told you they were going to fall on us.
:)
Post a Comment