We got to pet the dolphins.
Last time I was at Sea World, I saw a baby sea lion born in this very tank. The keepers had to jump in and grab him because all the female sea lions started fighting over the new cub. Now you can buy fish and feed the sea lions.....none of my crew wanted to touch dead fish so we just watched.We did touch these though.
Did you know that Sea World now has rides? This is the Kraaken.
The orange shirt in the second to the last seat is the oldest boy. This was his first roller coaster.....ever. It was a bad choice.The things scared the heck out of him. He used it to compare every ride afterwards, "It wasn't as bad as the Kraaken."
And in an even worse moment of judgement, we took all the boys on this ride.
The Journey to Atlantis. Even I freaked out because I thought it was just one drop and that was the whole ride. Nope.There's three drops...all about this high. And there's a roller coaster part inside the building...in the dark.
I'll have to scan the picture of us from the ride to show you the children's looks of abject terror.
I felt so bad afterwards. But they were able to ride a lot more stuff in WDW that they would have because, "it's not as bad as the journey to Atlantis."
Then we visited the star of the place.

There's Shamu. And this was the last picture my old camera ever took. Right after this one, Shamu's Daddy came out and did a lap in the show tank.
Let's just say that....that whale can splash a lot of water with that tail of his.
Let's just say that....that whale can splash a lot of water with that tail of his.
And just for your information, 52 degree seawater does not have a good effect on video devices. I dropped the camera in my lap and covered the little ones when the water hit. (But at least I was better that the lady they featured on the jumbo tron....she hid behind her baby....who was small enough to wear a onesie. She's never going to live that one down.)
On our second day in FL, we had that freak weather that hit the southeast. It was too rainy to go to the parks, so I set out to buy a new camera.
So now instead of having lots of pictures like this.
Cool! (That's uncropped and unedited....just straight off the memory card.) His eyes are really that pale grey.
2 comments:
The Atlantis ride...Meg said it was like going to Hell. :-)
Wow! The trip sounds amazing (we all scar our children unintentionally, on occasion). And I *love* your new camera!! What'd you get?
Post a Comment