Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ok, I'm back on top of the pile

I made it through Monday and Tuesday. My first official Pack meeting at Cub master went well. The boys learned magic tricks from the ACM while I went over information with the parents, answered questions, talked about where I wanted to direct the pack, and encouraged everyone to get involved.
This morning a recently bridged Boy Scout parent who was at the meeting emailed me to ask for a small job that she could do to continue supporting our pack. That made my day.
The camp out preparations are coming along and don't seem as overwhelming as they previously were. I just need to figure out how to cook a spaghetti dinner outside in the woods for uh....100 people. No biggie, right?
I wonder if I can cook the ground beef ahead of time and freeze it?

If anyone has any ideas for games, activities, or a method for cooking garlic bread without an oven, please let me know.

I can use all the help I can find.

2 comments:

Jennie C. said...

Why are you trying to make spaghetti in the woods? Is their something more "campy" that you can make instead? Boiling water in the woods is no easy feat! Baking can be done in a dutch oven, though. :-)

Shellbie said...

The garlic bread can be solar cooked.....
The meat would be fine to cook and freeze.
I admire your devotion to such things....if it were me I would have truly popped.
If you need anything let me know.