At about 11:23 this morning, my head exploded.
You may have heard it if you live in the south east. But then again, you may not have. I haven't straightened my hair today so the hair poof may have muffled most of the sound.
At 11:35, I closed the laptop, took a deep breath, and tried to find my happy place.
Unfortunately, my happy place seems jammed with laundry, Standardized tests, camping gear, and a pack leader roster that is getting smaller and smaller.
Whew.
I have a lot going on through the end of May.
I have homeschooling to do. The boys are all playing baseball and 2 of them are in a homeschool play. There is Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts. I'm planning events with my local Homeschool support group and I have to oversee standardized testing. And I'm Cubmaster of a pack that has some burned out leaders who have been carrying too big of a load for too long of a time. I have to plan a camp out and bridging ceremony in less than 3 weeks. I have to meet with committee and schedule next years' activities and somehow convince people to get involved with some of this stuff so the same 5 people aren't doing all the work. And I have to plan tomorrow nights pack meeting. I just remembered that. (sigh)
Adding to my stress is ZD's new work and travel schedule and my mom's upcoming eye surgery. My sister is expecting a new grandbaby soon and will be out of town, which means I have to take care of mom's stuff. ZD is working so hard at the new job that he is not available to help even when he is town.
And there is tutoring and speech therapy. Yard work must be done. The house has to be cleaned. I need to pay bills. The dogs have to go tot vet. And darn it....I would like to knit some.
I won't have a day off until ...... May 24th.
So if you "see" me anywhere and it looks like I'm really not there ... it's because I'm sorting Scout information, or doctors appointments, or trying to figure out where I'm supposed to be next and how I'm going to get there on time.
1 comment:
You know, after reading ALL that, I got to this part:
"And there is tutoring and speech therapy"
And thought it said "there is torturing" -
Um, wow, you sound busy!
Post a Comment