Friday, January 09, 2009

Coughing, achng, stuffy nose, fever....these kids won't let me get any rest

Actually, I am feeling better today. I started a cough and that's not fun.
But I also discovered that ZD pays more attention than I realized. He gave me a stash of chocolate for Christmas. I ate the Godiva chocolate first. (of course)
Then I ate the little Ghirardelli squares. (I like to freeze the caramel ones.) After that, I alternated between Hershey kisses and frozen Milky Way bars.
That left me with this little gold wrapped candies from Dove.
Today, I tried one of those and found that they are creamy milk chocolate with caramel in them.
I would have eaten them before the Kisses if I had known that.

I got a blog award. Actually....I got two blog awards. First, Michelle at Whimsey Way gave me this award last month when I was swamped by Christmas.

Go visit her blog. She is an incredible homeschooler with way more creativity than I can muster on my very best days. I always learn something when I'm there and she has great music.

According to the rules, and I'm really bad at the rules, I have to link back to my awarder and then pass this award on to 5 others. Easy Peasy. I chose people whom I'd love to get together in one room, just to hang out. Y'all come on over.

First off is Kathy Jo at Barefoot Meandering. Boy mom, homeschooler, and knitter. I'm saving her a piece of land in our "Galt's Gultch." If nothing else, I'll get great joy from seeing Ernie in his Castro hat.

Second is Dy at Classic Adventures. If you want to see peace and love, then go visit the Forever Home. Even Dy's most chaotic moments, are incredible. I don't know how she does it all.

Third is Tammy at Tammy Knits. Who has 5 boys. Five of them. She knits beautifully, seriously beautifully. She posts pictures of them too. And she has a thing for Dr. House....which is another plus.

Fourth is Seanna, my IM buddy and go to girl on all political matters. She doesn't knit or homeschool. But I like her because she is the stuff of PTO nightmares and she's all crafty.

And lastly is Lisa at Hopewell takes on Life. She never gets down. She just keeps on going through whatever life throws at her. She's a teflon mom.


And speaking of Lisa, she gave me an award too. Talk about an embarrassment of riches.

Ok....so I decided that I would give award to the people who inspire me...that make me say "Gosh, I wish I could do that." Y'all can come over and hang out too. Hurry up now, the brownies won't stay warm forever.

First is Tish at Hoosier in the Hive. Tish does a lot of camping in incredible places. I envy her so bad because I am still here. And she is funny as heck.

Second is Jennie at Far Beyond Pearls. Jennie is the most amazing mom blogger. She just exudes peace. Really. I feel calmer when I read about her day.

Third is Becca at Foward Motion. Another knitter and homeschool mom. She's also a military wife. Since we don't get to travel anywhere, I can live vicariously through her. I wish she'd find out where we're going soon. Or at least help me score some Wollmeise.

Fourth, is Donna "Booshay", I'm sure that most of you have been to her blog. She has the most beautiful pictures and has such a warm spirit. I enjoy my daily peek into her life.

And lastly is Sadie at It's a Boy's Life. Another boy mom and uber creative homeschool mom. You know all those salt dough maps and other creative stuff? She does it! Amazing!

6 comments:

SabrinaT said...

ha,ha I organize my chocolate before I eat it as well...

Tammy said...

Chocolate! Yum... now I want chocolate!

Thanks so much for the kind words and the award! Yay! I'm looking forward to checking out the other blogs you've posted as well. Hope you keep feeling better!

Dy said...

OMG - I'd so have eaten those before the kisses, too! What a sweet, observant man!

Glad to hear you're feeling at least a bit better. I went through and disinfected anything that anybody might touch, eat, or inhale. Our home was completely sterile for appx 45 seconds, or, as soon as the kids realized the foyer floor was dry. Ah, well, maybe it helped a bit?

You make me laugh, though, using "peace and love" in the same sentence with me. But I appreciate it, if only for the smile. :-) Thanks.

Seanna said...

Hey! I never get awards. Cool!

I hope you feel better. There's kind of a tenacious bug going around--hope you don't have that one!

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

Thanks! And same goes. :) Ernie got a huge kick out of your comment about his hat. Then he pouted because he's apparently misplaced the hat. But it's okay. He'll recover, and the hat will turn up again. They always do. Well, except for the pig hat that he left in a rental car.

Been meaning to post the award, then kept forgetting, so I figured I better at least leave a comment so you'll know it's appreciated if I forget about it entirely, 'cause I do that sometimes. :}

How come I didn't get "peace and love" in my description? (Okay, never mind, don't answer that.)

Hope you're feeling better! We received a Godiva gift basket for Christmas. Ernie still hasn't quite forgiven me about the truffles.

Heather K said...

Hi there...I saw your blog listed on Far Beyond Pearl's blog and because of the name I had to click on it. I also have four kids and homeschooled for several years...but don't anymore. The difference being- and it's a big difference(!)-I have four girls. The reason I say this is because I grew up with no sisters and five brothers! I now know the difference between a houseful of boys and one full of girls! They are both wonderful but, oh so different!! My brothers wrestled lots and were rather loud alot of the time...I'm finding out that girls aren't so much that way...but some days I miss all the action we had growing up! anyway..
I hope you're feeling better soon...there seem to be some weird flu's going around this year. I'm off to browse through your blog..hope you don't mind.
Heather
ps
I'm visiting from British Columbia, Canada