Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Well, at least it's over.

I voted yesterday without having to wait at all. In fact, when I walked in, ever poll worker looked up expectantly. One even asked, "Did you bring the crowd with you?"
I had not.

I'm glad it's over even though I'm not happy with the results. Oddly enough, I'm not depressed like I was after Pres. Clinton's election. I guess I'm better prepared.
And maybe I'm curious to see what happens when you give people exactly what they asked for.
In my head, I liken it to my grandmother who was finally annoyed to frustration by my repeated requests to eat the apples from our tree, even though they weren't ripe.

"Go ahead, child. Eat all the little green apples that you'd like."

I hope our country fares better than I did.

5 comments:

mere said...

"little green apples"...LOL!

That's the first time I've laughed all day. Thank you.

mere

Unknown said...

I hate the whole thig and am just gad it is OVER- for a couple years. I never really knoew who I wanted to vote for (I really wanted onoe of the 3rd parties ad wanted to support them, but also didn't want my vote to take away from the main. KWIM?)

Pensguys said...

Oh, you're right there! Be careful what you wish for and all that, ya know?

Bridget said...

You're exactly right, I hope at the end of the next 4 years they got want they asked for. Right now, I am scared for our country and I am so glad this whole election is over.

Angoraknitter said...

"eat all the green apples you'd like"

LOL! Your outlook cheers me up, thanks for the laugh!