Sunday, November 02, 2008

Whatever you call it

I was thinking about our pet names for each other and all the lovey-dovey things that get said around here.
ZD and I are very verbal about our love for the boys and each other. So are both sides of our family.

I call the boys, "Monkeys." It started when I would sing "Four little monkeys jumping on the bed."

ZD calls the boys "Pumpkin" or "Pudding." Both names are endearing to me because his father called him Pudding and my father called me Pumpkin.

Zd calls me "Hun" which is short for Honey and not an implication that I am a 5th century barbarian.

I call him "Love." Which suits him because I know he'll always love me and there nothing I can do to mess that up.

But most touching to us was Andrew's 5th word ever...."bo-bas." When he couldn't say much else, he would call for Mama, Dada, and bo-bas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we really don't have per names. I call my husband 'love' or 'husband'- but usually his name. He calls me Kaber or Kaberly or Kaber-Cutie.

I call Connor- "Ronnoc" becuause he's always liked saying names backwards (and words and sentences)
Sometimes my husband calls Gavin- "Gavininski"

Ki get's called "Ki-Man" sometimes.

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

We call the boys "monkeys," too. Sometimes, we call them "ass-monkeys." But it's still said with love. :)

I call Ernie, "love." He has a collection of the most horrific and embarrassing names for me. One day, he's going to slip and call me one of these names in public, then I will have to hurt him.