ZD comes in the kitchen to talk to me:
"We may have to get you a new car soon."
That perked me up, "Really?" Linda Blair, my oddly behaving van, is close to 8 years old. She looks good even though she's been hit three times. And currently, she's behaving except for one door that won't unlock. (No reason why. It just won't.)
"Yeah, with the economy the way it is....we should get a good price. Plus since we have good credit and actually have money for a down payment, we'll get a good interest rate too."
Not to mention that ZD has a pretty secure job. Wow, I wasn't expecting a new car right now. We tend to drive our vehicles until the break down permanently. And I'm not going to get my hopes up, just in case ZD comes to his senses.
"But it will have to be your Christmas present. You're not getting a new car and a PDA."
I guess I'll have to make do with my paper calendar. I'm not holding my breath though. If I end up with the PDA, I'll still be thrilled.
Some days, it's good to be an ant.
No comments:
Post a Comment