Monday, August 25, 2008

We'll never see the sun again

It's been a week of cloudy days. I don't mean lightly cloudy. It is dark outside!
I am not a "dark" person. I love the sunlight. I like bright lights. That's why I bought a west facing house with tons of windows on the east and west sides of the house.
Great big windows with only valances and blinds for privacy. And I open the blinds every morning.

But for the past week, it's been nothing but clouds. And Fay hasn't even really gotten here yet. We're due for more clouds and rain thought Sunday and maybe beyond that. I can't even cut the grass since it doesn't dry out enough for the electric lawn mower. By Sunday, we might not be able to see the house.

At least I don't have to water the grass or the driveway.
Yes...I'm supposed to water the driveway. It helps with the curing.

I'm ready to go to bed. All this darkness makes me sleepy.
BTW, I'm updating my knitting blog. I have a few of my summer socks up with only 3 more pairs to go. Check the link over on the left.

1 comment:

Dy said...

Yeah, we were in TN for most of it, and I'd forgotten just how incredibly dark our house is (it has north/south facing windows, which let in sketchy light on the brightest of days) - it was like coming home to our little cave. *sigh* On the upside, our garden looks like it's being raised by people who know how to garden. Kinda cool.