Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you haven’t seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life? You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize about you. At the end of your list, tag 5 more people and send on the love…
Mine is a note to my old college roommate who is still single and childfree.
1. I married a wonderful man. He's everything I could every ask for. He rescued me
2. We've been married 14 years. Together for 15 years. It feels amazingly secure and freeing in a way. I have someone who is always there to help me when I need it but still expects me to take care of myself when I can.
3. I have four wonderful boys. I know! Can you believe it? I'm a mom. With FOUR children.
4. No, I'm not crazy. The husband and kids are what I needed to ground my life. They are my purpose. (Don't faint on me.)
5. I used to be a middle school science teacher. I decided med school was not where I wanted to end up. I thought I could do more good in a classroom.
6. I'm currently a SAHM. I just reached a point where my own kids mattered more than everyone else's.
7. Oh, yeah...I homeschool them too. no I don't wear denim jumpers or grind my own wheat. I haven't gone that far over the edge...yet.
8. I haven't seen Steve since we graduated. See....I beat that addiction. Things seem to work out for the best, even when can't see it at that moment. I also left behind everything that he represented.
9. My Dad died. He had esophageal cancer and he fought it harder than anyone ever though he could. He was as funny as you remember right up to the very end.
10. The rest of the family is still as crazy and tight as ever. If you thought Easter was wild back then, you should see it with all the Grand kids. We still do the bunny hop and the chicken dance.
And I tag the following:
Jennie, because I know she'll have some uplifting ideas.
Dy, because she will make me laugh.
Jacqui, because she will "think" the most.
Penny, because she needs to blog more. :)
and Becca because she will be able to pick out 10 things easily.
And, of course, anyone else who likes this meme feel free to join in.
3 comments:
Oh, this does look like fun! Yay, something to blog over the weekend!
Dy
"I don't wear denim jumpers or grind my own wheat"
Hilarious! I remember when we homeschooled being told I didn't "look like a homeschooler." Gotta go plant next year's wheat....
My 15 Years is up at my blog.
Post a Comment