Monday, August 04, 2008

heard and read

Each of these are things I have recently come across. Each of these as affected me. How do they affect you?

"I don't seek the presidency on the presumption I'm blessed with such personal greatness that history has anointed me to save my country in its hour of need. I seek the office with the humility of a man who cannot forget my country saved me."
Sen. John McCain

"There are those who speak about you who say, 'he lost an arm, he lost a leg, she lost her sight.. I object. You gave your arm. You gave your leg. You gave your sight. As gifts to your nation. That we might live in freedom. Thank you. And to your families. Families of the fallen and families of the wounded. You sacrificed in ways that those of us who have not walked in your shoes can only imagine."
Gen. Peter M. Pace Returning Heroes Home

You can say what you want about President Bush; but the truth is that he can take a punch. The man has taken a swift kick in the crotch for breakfast every day for 6 years and he keeps getting up with a smile in his heart and a sense of swift determination to see the job through to the best of his abilities. You don't have to like him but you have to respect the simple physical resiliency of this man.
Varifrank

"We the people" tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us. "We the people" are the driver, the government is the car. And we decide where it should go, and by what route, and how fast. Almost all the world's constitutions are documents in which governments tell the people what their privileges are. Our Constitution is a document in which "We the people" tell the government what it is allowed to do. "We the people" are free.
Pres. Ronald Reagan

1 comment:

Dy said...

*sniff* I miss President Reagan.