Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Metal Mouth

Jacob got his braces yesterday. Well, he got part of the final system that he will wear for the next two years. He now has brackets, wires, and some metal bands on his molars.
Tomorrow he has to have two baby teeth pulled... I'm sorry "extracted." Then he goes back in August for heavy duty wires and more brackets before getting the big spring things attached in September.

He chose orange bands (his favorite color) on his brackets and for about 2 hours he was thrilled with getting braces.
Until it was lunch time. Then he discovered that eating with braces really hurts. For the past two days he's eaten, pudding, spaghetti-o's, soup, and a lot of applesauce.
He's also brushed his teeth 5 times and flossed twice. And....I'm proud of this one...he remembered to not chew the ice from Sonic.
I feel for him since I love some Sonic ice. (When I win the lottery, I am buying a restaurant grade ice machine that makes the ice like Sonic's.)

But he hasn't complained much. This morning he asked for Tylenol. And he did grump around after spending half a hour flossing this morning.
His orthodontist would be quite proud of him. I wish I could say that I would be as well behaved.

1 comment:

Pensguys said...

OH, how I REMEMBER those days!!! NOT fun, but it does get better.