Monday, July 07, 2008

More Cakes

I haven't posted cakes in a long time. Here's a couple.

First up, Jacob's 12th birthday cake. He turned 12 right before the Chinese New Year so we rang in the Year of the Rat a little early.


Those are very bad representations of the Chinese characters for 'rat' along with Chinese keys and a yin-yang symbol. Along with 12 little fondant rats.
ZD thought that they looked a little too realistic. I made them all by hand. 12 little rats that the party guests fought over. I had to split them. Each kid got half a rat and the birthday boy got a whole one.

Ugh!

But the inappropriate cake-ness doesn't stop there. (Or it didn't start there.) Way back in October, Matthew had a Halloween Costume party complete with an

EYE CAKE! See my little Harry Potter look-alike and the flaming eye.
And then we cut that eye open and it bloomed like on of those onions at Outbacks. That's some yummy goodness right there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you do chinese dragons?
What would the charge be for one if you did?
Caelan turns 13 next month and I want something to blow his socks off.....yet he was not blessed with an amazing talented cake decorating Mom so she must recruit other children's Moms.

CMinor said...

Love the rats!

Off-topic, but when are the ITBS results due to arrive? You can respond here or at my page; I'll check back later this week.

Hopewell said...

the Chinese one just plain rocks! How creative!