Friday, July 11, 2008

Another good reason to homeschool

When oldest boy got his mouth full of brackets and wire, the desk person at the orthodontist office scheduled his next check-up.

"That will be August 11th, it's the first day of school," she asked hesitantly. I told her sure since we homeschooled, it really didn't matter.

She looked up at me quite happily, "Oh, we love homeschoolers. It is so easy to work them into the schedule. Everybody wants a late afternoon appointment but homeschoolers will come in any time."

Glad to be of help in balancing out the appointment book.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

I work for a pediatric office (thank God I don't have to schedule appointments) but the girls that do love homeschoolers for that same reason. We were told that Blake (he's 9) may have to get braces and he's very worried.

Maria's Space said...

You must have 500 reasons to homeschool. I am dying to eventuallly do this. I have thought about it since my son was born 5 years ago.