thump,thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump.
That's the sound of Sam running up the stairs. I hear that sound 20 or more times each day.
Today it was followed by a house shaking "Boooooooom!" and then various crashing sounds and a faster thump,thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump of Sam running back down the stairs.
WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!
The tiniest little Zoo dude says rather unemotionally, "Something fell."
Yeah..."something" did. I walked upstairs to find the older boys' room completely destroyed. A four foot tall dresser lay knocked over in the middle of the room and laying flat on it's front. A 6 foot tall bookcase lay leaning against it. All the contents of both pieces of furniture were strewn everywhere and covered with pine bedding to add further insult.
And then....a very scared hamster crawled out of the rubble.
Sam is fine, thankfully. Either piece could have hurt him terrible. The story so far is that he was climbing up the dresser drawers to get a Nerf gun. The dresser started tipping so he grabbed the bookcase. The dresser is one of those 6 drawer jobs so it weighs a lot. If he had gotten pinned under it, he would have ended up in the hospital. Rooms can be cleaned up but little boys (and tiny hamsters) are a little harder to fix.
As it stands he gets to spend the day on the couch watching the new and is banned from his brothers' room. The hamster is waiting patiently in a bucket while his owner cleans up the disaster left by Hurricane Sam.
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! He is terribly lucky that went as well as it did! I'm so glad nobody was seriously hurt. Wew...big sigh of relief for you all!
Oh, my gosh! I think "something fell" is the understatement of the year. WOW. I'm so, so glad the little guy and the hamster were okay. And how is your blood pressure, now?
Dy
Thank God! Geez...kids. Poor hammy too. I can only imagine the sight of seeing all of that. Take a deep breath and put your feet up tonight. You deserve it.
Post a Comment