My oldest son is growing up.
A few nights ago he and ZD were up after bedtime having "a talk." I was banned from the area but I overheard a few phrases and questions.
"How do you know if a girl likes you?"
"....always be a gentleman."
"How did you get mom to like you?"
Then oldest child started using the phone to call his friend and a girl. (2 different people) The conversation with the girl was a marathon session.
Last night he ate dinner at his friend's house. It was very strange setting the table for only 5.
It was a glimpse of our future.
"Soon, we'll be eating dinner alone." I told ZD.
"Thank goodness the youngest is only 4." he countered. I didn't want to remind him that the "baby" will be 5 in a few weeks.
Then, just to hammer the point home, Andrew came up complaining that his back teeth hurt and must be loose.
Nope...they aren't. He's getting his first adult molars. And he'll be seven this week.
Where is the pause button?
3 comments:
I feel ya!
I need that Pause button too.
Yikes! And I'm right behind you with that! Scarey!
I'm with you, too, and let me say... as has just happened here as of late... what does a mom do when the girl "friend" breaks said son's heart into a million pieces? {under the guise of "Christianity" and "God" nonetheless} and when said son had done ALL that said family had asked him to do and MORE regarding relationships at this age. :::shaking my head::: sorry - didn't mean to make this comment about me and mine. I feel ya, I really do.
Post a Comment