Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Traveling papers.

ZD got orders yesterday.
Official orders for our first duty station since he returned to the Army.
We were all looking forward to a little excitement.

Would it be the two year tour to Korea?
Would it be time in the DC area with all the great history and museums?
What about Colorado? Now that would be something brand new for all of us.

Where are we going?
Nowhere. That's right. No. where.

ZD's orders are for the very post that I've lived around for 31 years.
My life as an Army wife has been sooooooo exciting. I've been here and Ft Bragg.

It is good news though. ZD has numerous contacts at the post. He has a reputation amongst military and contractors alike.
All of our family is here or nearby. We are entrenched in the community and we love our life. And our very old dogs will live out the rest of their lives in the yard they know so well.

But........

Some excitement wouldn't be a bad thing.

Orders could change. His report date isn't until March.
ZD has had reoccurring dreams about us being in Germany. He said that in his dream that I loved it there.

Maybe next tour.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! I'm glad, though. The Travelers would miss you around those parts.

Pensguys said...

What a roller coaster, huh?

Dy said...

Wow. What are the odds? Well, at least it'll be easy to get settled in, right? ;-)
Dy

Anonymous said...

Wellll....yay? I guess you just remind yourself that there are much worse assignments! And at least you don't have to unpack boxes. I do think you need to purchase some yarn to celebrate getting orders, though.

Angoraknitter said...

Moving isn't all it's cracked up to be anyhow!

Tish said...

Talk about anti-climactic! In my book, the stability of not moving is much better than the potential excitement of moving.