Saturday, April 12, 2008

This post is fueled by Paint fumes

I am painting the kitchen/utility/laundry room. The kitchen walls are painted and all is good. The utility/laundry is half done. Well, actually a quarter done. Half the walls have one coat. The washer and dryer are blocking my path to the other two walls. And the small mountain of laundry is helping block the other wall.
My plans to finish all this by Friday night were sadly derailed by the new eye drops that I have to take. They are very freaky...but this is my post about painting. More on the eye drops later.

In the kitchen, the 1st coat of trim is done. I am dawdling. I really don't feel like doing the second coat.
Oh, and if you have visited me before....the squashed tree frog in the door jamb of the back door....he's gone. It was surprisingly easy to remove his flat and very dried up remains. Then I painted over the crime scene.

The new paint color is "Malted Milk." It looks just like the inside of a Whopper candy. Quite nice. The children have stopped asking me if this is a base coat or if it will change color when it dries. I guess they've given up on the color becoming something more exciting than the creamy very light tan that it is.
The new floor is supposed to go in on Tuesday. I sure hope it looks good with the new paint.
After that, we can finally start getting back to normal. It will be nice to get the refrigerator out of my dining room hallway. The whole house has suffered with our house's heart in such disarray. It'll be nice to be able to find the cleaning sponges or the cookie sheets.

My to-do list for tonight and tomorrow:

  1. Finish trim in the kitchen
  2. Paint walls in the utility/laundry
  3. Paint trim in the utility/laundry
  4. Hang curtains in the kitchen
  5. Hang blinds and curtains in the utility/laundry
  6. Wait patiently for the new floor so I can put all the junk back into place and get all the stuff off the deck and out of my dining room.

No comments: