Friday, April 18, 2008

Have

I have a floor. It is wondeeeerrrrrfuuuullllll.
I have a new cabinet too.
I have paint on the trim and the new cabinet.
But I have to paint the buffet and hutch some other color than the yellow it currently is.
I also have a big mess of clutter to put back where it belongs.
I have to put all my decorations back up.
I have to hang curtains too.
I would post a bunch of pictures
But I also have a dead battery in the camera and I cannot find the charger.

Until then want a peek?
Here's the replaced cabinet.

Yes, I have green cabinets. The color is actually "Outback" by Behr paint. The dining room is this same green.
Zd and I are partial to the green.

The floor....it is vinyl. A thick vinyl tile.
It's Adura Flooring from Mannington.
I have the the Sicilian Stone. Apparently it is indestructible. Or darn close to it. I wiped up a crayon mark. I wiped it up. With a paper towel. And plain water. Red crayon. Like I was cleaning up spilled milk.
That is so awesome! I opted for the solid surface installation but you can also get it with grout. I thought that the grout would just add to the maintenance and I wanted as little maintenance as possible.



Here's the back door. Please ignore my unattractive laminate counter. That's the next thing on my wish list.
Notice how the floor is 'dirt colored.' Yesterday, I swept up a pile of dirt and then walked away to find the dustpan. When I came back....I couldn't find the pile of dirt.

That is impressive.
Check out my white door. That used to be the home of the flat frog. He's gone now and the door is now glowing white.

That's my new wall color also. "Malted Milk" from Lowes. I really love the new wall color. I've been gushing over it since I bought it.
ZD is amused. He says, "It's just off white. Wasn't it off white before your painted it that yellow color?"
Maybe....but it wasn't that particular off white.

He likes the new look though. Last night I caught him standing in the laundry/utility room just staring with this approving expression on his face.

I do the same thing.

2 comments:

Pensguys said...

I meant to reply earlier but forgot. I really like it and can't wait to see it all in person.

Dy said...

I tried to convince Zorak of the merits of a dirt-colored floor. Sadly, it would've been kinda red, and that just wouldn't fly.

LOVE-love-love the new look! Gorgeous flooring, great cabinets. Total painted-clean-door envy going on, here, too. Wowsa. You've been busy! Great job!

Dy