Monday, April 21, 2008

A question from the Nine-year-old.

Momma, does the President get to pick the price of gas?

No, he doesn't.
Then why do they blame him on the news? They always say that the President needs to do something about the price of gas.

Yes, they do. But the President doesn't have anything to do with the price of gas.
Who does?

The people who sell the crude oil to oil companies and the companies that take the oil and turn it into gas. Plus the people that sell the gas too.
Well, why isn't anybody on the news blaming those people?

I don't have the answer to that one.
I think someone should let the news people know so they can start telling the right people that they need to do something about the price of gas.

3 comments:

Angoraknitter said...

He's absolutely right! The boy has impeccible rational...and as they say, "out of the mouth's of babes."

Anonymous said...

I don't know who to blame, but I really hate that the oil companies used Katrina as a catalyst to "get" all of us like they have.

Dy said...

Well thought-out. I love having thoughtful discussions with the children. They see so much, don't they?
Dy