ZD messages: "There is a one in four chance that I will get this."
The attached message about a position that must be filled by one of the 4 people in his course (counting himself)......24 months command sponsored.......in Seoul.
Wonderful.
Holey Moley.
Our mothers will kill us if we try to take the grandsons with us. They will.
Any good yarn stores in Korea?
5 comments:
That's the fun of army life, I think. You get to go places you wouldn't have on your own. :-) David was patrolling the DMZ when he went, so we weren't allowed to join him, but I'd have been glad to go otherwise!
And you can always order yarn online! Try Elann.com. :-)
Well, we know the Japanese are fabulous knitters. Maybe the Koreans are too! At least it's command sponsored and not a hardship tour. All the same, I hope he gets something nice and stateside with a great LYS.
It would be a life-changing adventure!! Embrace it, get a good internet connection and be awed at the good ways it will "mark" your kids for life.
Um....what happened to staying stateside in a place I would like to visit????
Now the bad words are flowing outta my mouth.
We have GOT to get together.
My dh did a TDY stint in Korea last year. Knowing how much I like fabric and stuff like that he looked, but couldn't find me anything like that. I've never even seen a skein of yarn made in Korea...I suppose they probably import it...perhaps they might have some nice silk/bamboo yarns though?
We know some folks leaving for Korea in a week. They can't wait, they've been before and just loved it.
Post a Comment