Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not in the Neiman-Marcus catalog

"Do you want anything from the store?" I yelled up to ZooDad.
"Nope," he replied curtly. I could tell he was still stinging from my little meltdown over the condition of the family room/study/site of storage for mass amounts of Army gear. I can't even begin to explain the mess but it rivaled the rooms on that show "Clean Sweep."

"Too bad I can't buy you a non-nagging wife."

"Oh please," he begged, coming to the stairwell with a smile on his face. "Please buy one of those. I would really like one."

"No," I replied. "They don't sell those at the store. You can only get them free with really expensive jewelry or new cars. You can't purchase them separately."

I heard laughter from upstairs, "But I've bought you expensive jewelry and new cars."
"Well, you just got screwed over didn't you," as I walked out the door.

Poor guy, all that money invested and he didn't get the free non-nagging wife.
When I got back home, considerable progress had been made on the family room/study/Army depot

3 comments:

Pensguys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pensguys said...

LOL!!!

Jennie C. said...

Ah, yes. We must always bask in the warm glow of redeployment by accessorizing with camoflage for weeks on end. Personally, I think you have been quite patient. Two months! I start getting on David's case after two weeks. :-)