Thursday, July 19, 2007

Things are looking up

Whew...we are trucking right along.
MIL will arrive this evening and I'm going out to the bookstore to just lounge and have a cookie and a coke.
Then tomorrow, I will do errands. Including getting a new scanner/copier.

ZooDad is amazing about simplifying my life. If it annoys me and it can be fixed by throwing money at it or making phone calls....he'll throw the money and make the phone calls..

My laptop dies...he orders a new one.
Printer dies....go buy a new one.

Now the old scanner is making the Yeti noise when you turn it on. And I complained about making copies and having to hook the scanner up to a lap top.
"Go buy NEW scanner!"
But they don't sell just scanners anymore. And I need a copier.
"Buy a 3-in-1, buy a 5-in-1...heck buy a 5-in-1. Just get what you need."
But those things are expensive.
"What $400, $500....just buy one."

Sigh
So I'm going to go buy one.

Then I went nuts on Tricare over the two month wait that I have endured waiting for our appeal to process.
I told this to ZooDad and he went even more nuts than me.

So nuts that he called them from Kuwait and I didn't even have to give him the number. I don't know what he said....but the Tricare nurse that approves stuff for the Southeast called me....twice. They never call anyone.
Now Matthew has a referrals for new assessments for OT and PT. Hee, hee.
The man got more done in one afternoon than I did in 6 months.

I once told a car repairman, who was talking down to me, that if he couldn't handle the issue with me that my husband would come handle it. And that when my husband came to handle it....he would really wish that he had handled it with me.

He's a very patient and forgiving man. You can walk all over him. He will tolerate anything. He never even complains. But ZooDad can out "Momma Bear" anybody when it comes to his wife and kids.

It's a beautiful thing. He's like a force of nature when he's ticked off.

And in other news.....

Andrew SWAM! That's right. He can actually swim. It's not pretty but it's not drowning either. He passed the level two class. I am beyond shocked. If I had not seen it with my own eyes...I would never believe it.

And even Sam is close to swimming. He's able to go about 2 feet on his own.

Jacob has mastered freestyle, breast stroke, and backstroke. And he figured out how to tread water.

Not to be out done...Matthew (who can do a very messy freestyle stroke but still can't float.) decided to take on the water slide. He had no trouble at all. He went down, popped off the slide and into the water. Then he swam to the side like he'd been doing it for ages.

Well.
What brave little aquatic kids I have. Who knew? Not me, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Pensguys said...

YEA, boys!!!!!!!!

WOW, GO Zoodad!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow ZooDad??
The insurance company is a nightmare. We have OT, limited in sessions of course, but zip on speech. Even though one child has hearing loss! Grrrrrrrr!
Yea!!! For the boys. I'm still hoping that we'll get our little rocks to float eventually.
Call me when you can...so we can set up a day/time for me to come over.