Friday, July 20, 2007

I've had a really good day.

I don't have anything on the "rush" pile for the rest of the day.

Laundry is down to manageable levels.
The house is clean enough.
The kids are playing outside.
My tutee is not coming today.
My paperwork is all done.
Tricare approved 12 OT visits for Matthew so that weight is lifted.

I ran my errands while MIL was here.
I bought my new scanner/copier doodah and I don't have to make plans to copy stuff. I even bought various colored paper for visual issues for the boys.

Oh, I lost my military ID a week ago. (All the military wives go, "GASP!)

But I found it. (All the military wives sigh in relief.) I sighed in relief too. It was at the commissary. The lady at the lady at the commissary was just as happy for me as I was.

(For the non-military readers, losing an ID card is bad. You have to file a report with the Military Police. Then take that report to this big building that has hours long waits to get anything done. Loosing you ID pretty much means losing a day of your life.)

Since I didn't have to do all that, I got to other stuff.

I took Matthew's glasses to be fixed. My favorite optician was there and it was nice to see him again. He ordered the replacement part and apologised about the time it would take to ship it. Of course, I don't mind waiting for it. This is my favorite eye place and the work is always top-notch.
He asked when my hubby would be home. I was touched that he remembered.

I went to Wal-mart and met a very nice man. He was the Greeter and I greeted him right back and smiled. And he responded, "Your teeth are beautiful. Who did them?" I told him that God did.
He said that I was blessed.

It turned out that he had had a stroke 4 years ago and fell. the fall messed up many of his teeth. He had fought with insurance for some time and they finally approved the work needed to get his smile back to normal. (Having a good smile is the first step to confidence. Dental care is right up there with yearly health care visits in my book.)
He said he was trying to find a good doctor to that.
Well, I knew the name of a good oral surgeon that might be able to help him. I passed that info on to him and wished him well.

Then I headed out to Sam's to search form my copier/scanner where I pondered the new overpass building plans with a very nice man, searched for ink cartridges with a lady who was just as confused as I was, and then ended the trip with another man grabbing my cart when I was done with it.

Then I saw a very odd man with wild hair and jerky movements. When he turned around, I saw he was wearing a shirt that said, "I have issues." I couldn't help but laugh and he laughed with me.

And finally, ZooDad sent me a new picture today. A very handsome close up of him out on a helo ride today. Guess who has new wallpaper.
It's such a good shot of it, that seeing it makes me smile and miss him so very much. (ZD had a good day too. A big boost to his spirits and I could hear it in his voice.)

All these little things, nothing big in particular. Just little things that made me smile.

But God works through the little things.

3 comments:

Pensguys said...

I'm glad you had such a good day. :)

Job said...

so glad all the little things were good. Truly, it's the little things that keep us going, isn't it?

Dy said...

Oh, thank heaven. These last two posts just made me smile, and get teary-eyed, and really warmed my heart.

Dy