Excuse me?
"Does Batman have a tail?"
That's what Sam wanted to know this morning as he greeted me with a birthday hug (It's my birthday. I am old today.) poking me with a mini Batman figure. It took me a bit to figure out where this odd little conversation was going. What a way to start my morning. We tend to have the oddest conversations in this house.
Let's check. (I lifted Batman's cape.) Nope....no tail.
"Bat's have tails."
Yes, they have little tails. However, BatMAN is tailless.
"Does Batman have wings? Where he wings?"
Nope, no wings either. No tail, no wings.
"Cat's have a tail. Mango has a tail."
Yep, Mango has a tail. No wings though.
"Then why they call him BATman? Oh...he wears a bat. See. And his cape is he wings. And he have bat ears."
Yep....sure enough.
Glad that mystery has been solved. Currently, Sam is playing with both Batman and Superman. Listening to his playtime conversations is hysterical. He acts out these little fantasies and talks and talks and talks.
I have to work at not laughing.
I can't wait to hear Batman explaining to Superman why he doesn't have wings or a tail but is still a "bat" man. The funniest thing is that I immediately thought of my "Who has a tail?" conversation with Andrew. I'm not sure why my kids have an odd preoccupation with tail.
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! July is a great month to celebrate a little more wisdom (such as the whole tail thing), and another year of being a wife, a mother, a woman. I hope this year brings you more joy than you know what to do with, my friend.
Love,
Dy
Post a Comment