Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Cakes I baked

These aren't my birthday cakes.
They are cakes I made for Sam and Andrew's birthday party earlier in the month. I'm just now getting around to uploading them. (I'm so prompt in doing all things.)

First is Andrew's cake. In case you can't tell, it's a volcano. The boys had a Luau party...their own idea. I think Andrew came up with the party theme when he decided that he wanted a volcano cake.


Next is Sam's cake. It's a Tiki head. This is actually Sam's second cake.

Yep... the second cake I baked for this child in 24 hour period. This was my plan B cake. My favorite part is barely visible....I love the flames on the top of the head.


Why a plan B?


Well.....

The evening before the party, I baked the volcano cake and a standing up Tiki head. Then I carefully, put them away for the next day's party. Sunday morning, I woke up to find that the Tiki head looked like this.......

The tiki head had fallen over into the layer below. I tried to salvage....but as Jacob said....the Tiki was having some cake. It was dead in the water.

To say I panicked would be an understatement. Then I pulled myself together and started baking another cake. I was so glad that I had saved all the icing to clean up later. Woohoo....that was a touch of brilliance.

All three cakes were well received.

I'll add some other pictures to my photo bar on top. You can click on it anytime to go view our fun day.

1 comment:

Dy said...

Oh, it's just never, ever dull, is it? I kind of like the face-plant Tiki Head. :-)

Gorgeous cakes, great ideas. I love it when the kids get involved and enjoy the process, too.

Dy