Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day...

We''re reached a nice milestone number on our Countdown-to-ZooDad's-return here at the zoo.

To memorialize this event and because I have nothing else to blog about...I shall give you a run down of today's events.


We woke up and I cooked a big breakfast including 2 whole pounds of bacon. We ate ourselves sick.
Everyone got dressed and I nagged the boys to pick up all the errant toys downstairs.

I must have told Sam a dozen times to stop singing very loudly to the cat. "Mango, ManGO, Mango, ManGO, Mango, ManGo, Maaaaaaannnnnngo, MangoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Trust me, it's only cute the first time.


ZooDad called and Sam hung up on him.
ZooDad called again and found Sam a whole lot cuter than I did.

Oldest child starting cutting the front yard and Andrew let the dogs out. The dogs are old and are not supposed to be out. Of course, oldest child didn't notice the dogs trotting by since he was busy cutting the grass. Apparently, the mower motor drown out screaming little brother. (note to self: cut the grass more.)


I rounded up the dogs and re-instructed the boys on how to close gates and keep the dogs safe.

We ate lunch then headed out for errand running.

First was Goodwill, where I dropped off a bunch of toys that I tired of picking up.
Then was Lowe's to buy a new leaf blower/Vac and a new set of curtain rods for the kitchen. Sam bent the current one when he tried to hang from them like monkey bars. (He fell and hit his cheek on the table. No ER visit thankfully. I told you...the boy is wild.)
Then Super Wal-mart for groceries, cheap school supplies, and presents for a birthday party tomorrow.

I haven't been grocery shopping at Super Wal-mart since ZooDad left....and they are reorganizing the place. Needless to say, I spent a whole lot of time wandering around and forgot half my normal groceries.

Drive back home and unload the groceries.
Have snacks, because the children can not go more than 2 hours without food.

Blow off the drive way and walkway. Blow off the drive way and walkway again. Curse the Crepe Myrtle Tree and blow the walkway one more time.
Contemplate trimming the hedges and decide better of it.


Yell at Sam again for singing the "Mango Song." MangoooOOOOOOOOO!

Start dinner while fielding questions from various boys. (This is where the Asperger's part gets really fun"

Yes, I'm cooking dinner.

I'm cooking chicken.

Yes, it's the kind of chicken that you like.

No, you can't have a snack...I'm cooking dinner.

You can eat a croissant after dinner. You are eating dinner first.

If I don't flour it, it won't have a crust.

I guess I could make mashed potatoes with the skins on, but you wouldn't eat it.

I don't know who ate the first potato.

I don't know about beans either.

or who invented bread.

Yes, chickens lay eggs.

No chickens fingers aren't fingers.

I don't know why they call them fingers either.

It will be done soon.

I will tell you when it's done.

Let your brother watch you play video games.

No, It's still cooking.

No you can not have a snack while you're waiting.

Ok, everyone come eat.

What do mean you're not hungry?


And my dear darling wonders why I'm so tired.

3 comments:

Pensguys said...

LOL!!! BLESS you for having that patience...I'm not sure I would.

Dy said...

"He is the pope and he blessing some apples!"
Smidge sings that song a lot, too. So much so that EmBaby can now sing it. Can't sing Ba-Ba Black Sheep, but she knows Mango!

Sounds like a pretty good day, really. A good day, especially since you got to talk to ZooDad. (I'm glad he thought Sam was cute. You know, my Dad saved me from Mom's ire more than once by thinking I was adorable. I appreciate that to this day. *grin*)

You did collapse and enjoy something quiet and refreshing once the kids went down, no?
Dy

Anonymous said...

Another day in paradise huh?
Same here.
Need to call me, or email even, to let me know what your schedule is like. I want to bring back your books, thanks for letting me borrow them btw - very enlightening.
Also, if you're up to accepting bribes....I will bring whatever you want to eat/drink for some feedback on these crazy reports that were handed to me. (I have lots of booze from Nisha in the kitchen)
(((HUGS)))