It's a bad picture but there is a lot to discuss in there...so that's why I'm posting it.
Also, to take a new picture would require a lot more energy than I really want to expend right now. I loathe uploading pictures.
New paint on the walls is "Pony Tail." Also known as Horse @ss tan by the deployed ZD. He did approve this color decision while he was home on leave. I learned that lesson when I painted our old bedroom the equivalent of Barney Purple. Always get the color choice approved.
How do you like it? It's kind of peachy and in its wet form (in the can) is looks like liquid Barbie legs. (Nisha I know you liked the green best but even Shelbie like the new tan/peach/Barbie leg color. It goes quite well with the Pea soup green in the dining room.)
The recliner you see, is in its new location. That was the prior home of the love seat. That's ZD's favorite seat in the house. It has to been in prime TV watching angle and far enough away from the wall for complete reclining. Never mind, that you can't see the TV when fully reclined.
And there's my dirty, finger printed fire place screen that I swear....NEVER looks that dirty in real life. It just acts up for the camera.
To the left, is the giant fish tank. (It is both a giant tank and a tank for giant fish.) That blur you see at the top of the tank is one of the fish. I think that's Elmo. I didn't approve the purchase of these fish. In fact, I informed ZD that they would "get really big." He thought I was crazy. Well, we can all see who was right, can't we. Elmo and Oscar are nearing the 12 inch mark and they have teeth. Fish approval should be sought more eagerly than paint approval. Just a lesson learned.
What else? Andrew is making circles the way Miss Nisha taught him. He's drawing super creatures. A whole flock of them, so it seems. He's using the coolest pencils I've ever found. Giant triangular shaped Ticonderoga's with a black rubber coating.
The table he working on is in great need of refinishing. It was my late father-in-law's from back in his bachelor days. So it's at least 50 years old. Whatever type of wood it is, is solid. Some day, when I have some amount of free time, I'll refinish it. We've had that table for 13 years so I assume it will be at least than much longer before I get around to it.
Sam is just staring at me. I guess he was shocked I was taking pictures. I get that expression quite frequently from him. He's bordering on offended and slightly annoyed but he's mostly shocked.
Oh,the clock was a gift from my parents on our wedding. It rings every hour except for a three year period when ZD disconnected the speaker and I didn't notice. Astute aren't I?
IF you look very closely on the fireplace hearth, you'll see a small painted jar. It's a jelly jar. It has a lid and a little spoon that goes with it. My MIL painted it. She paints china. That particular jar has raspberries and blackberries on it. Quite fitting for a jelly jar.
Of course, I'm not using it for jelly right now. It currently has picture hangers and curtain rod screws in it.
See....tons of stuff from one very bad picture.
4 comments:
I don't remember hearing the clock ring...are you sure ZD didn't disconnect it again? LOL!
I'm so glad to have found your blog by some search mishap.
I also have a house full of boys. Five of them to be exact. Your fireplace screen didn't stir me one bit. Fingerprint on our windows, tv and any printable surface is something I learned to love a long time ago! LOL
I'll be checking in often to read your survival techniques.
Glad to see you back online and vocal. I missed your blurbs.
Braver woman than I; there is nothing on this planet that would get me to photograph my livingroom and post it online for strangers and loved ones to see. I'd have to clean for days on end before I'd even consider it. It's a complete disaster right now. Books are stacked everywhere!
Want a 75 gallon tank for those HUGE fish (trade)? I can throw in a couple of 10 gallons too so the boys can have "pretty fish" in their rooms.
((HUGS))
I absolutely love all that you can see in that picture, but I really enjoyed seeing it through your lens. There's so much we don't notice (beyond clock chimes) sometimes, and it's nice to have someone say, "There's a lot here."
Good stuff. CUTE kids! Way cute.
Dy
Post a Comment