Thursday, March 29, 2007

Oddness

M says that the new printer makes a long, high pitched beep when it is finished printed. So i asked..."Does it beep after each page or just when the job is done." He said that it only beeps when it all finished printing.
ooooooookaaaaaaay

I've never heard it beep.
I thought that maybe my ears were just "getting old." (example: that cell phone ring that only youngsters can hear.) I have no delusions of grandeur. I'll be 37 this year so...I could have old ears.
So I tested the other boys. J, age 11, can't hear it. S, at almost 4, can't hear it. A, age 5, could hear it.

hmmmmmmm.....both M and A have Sensory Integration Dysfunction. I've read that some SID kids can perceive stimuli that other people can't. I'm just shocked to find out that it's true for my boys.

On the plus side...they can tell me when the printer is finished.

2 comments:

Pensguys said...

That's...cool...I guess. ;)

Anonymous said...

I have one child who can hear the tv left on ( after a video) through closed armoire doors - and he's upstairs in his room with the door closed.

dont have your kids try and hear the stealth cell phone rings. I could only hear some of them - but i had a killer headache afterwards!