I've had three ridiculously busy days in a row. I'm tired.
I'm lounging on the love seat with my new laptop. I was watching the Braves exhibition game on Sports South (they won!) but it ended 20 minutes ago. Some other thing came on. A 1977 basketball game...in black and white...with the tiny basketball shorts and everything. (The Jazz and the Knicks.)
Seriously, I'll take those long baggy basketball shorts any day. I can imagine today's players in those tiny uniforms. It would be obscene.
Woo...what a sight!
Big fros...tiny, tiny shorts. We're talking one inch away from tighty whities. With knee socks..with stripes.
Grown men in striped knee socks, tank tops, and tiny little shorts.
Even the refs are wearing tight high-waisted pants and snug shirts. Apparently, there was also a fabric shortage during the Carter years.
I would change the channel. But the remote is way over there on the couch and that would involve me putting down the laptop, getting up, and lumbering over there.
Maybe I should go to bed. But now I'm curious as to who won this game. So far the Jazz is up 114-92 and some dude is breaking his career record in points scored per game.
I really hope I don't dream about 70's era sports figures.
2 comments:
All I know is I have a photo of myself in about 1974 wearing a plaid polyester dress that barely covers my rear. I cannot believe the same woman who had fits when I wanted to wear a 2 pc. bathing suit 10 years later, let me run around it that dress.
Aren't laptops wonderful?
That explains SO much! I ran into the same thing Becca did. LOL!
Hopefully, your night was short-short free (do you remember that Nair commercial?) and restful.
Dy
Post a Comment