1 in 150 children are on the autism spectrum.
1 in 94 will be boys.
It is more common than MS, Cystic Fibrosis and Childhood Cancer combined. (Where's out Labor Day telethon?)
There is no cure.
NO cure. And there is no "proven" treatment.
I know I seldom write about the specific issues that come up with my sons on the spectrum. But this month...I will.
It's going to be a Zoofull of Boys (with Asperger's) for the next 29 days. Awareness is the key. Awareness will get people fired up top make a change.
Here's our first tidbit from the Zoo.
Tricare has decided that "Occupation therapy has no real benefit for children with Autism. It is not proven nor recommended. " How does that affect me? My 8-year-old has no more OT or ST except for the hour of speech he receives at school. Even though he is at the 38th percentile and has the capability to make progress. (He has made progress since we started.)
I am appealing...again. We've had two denials so far.
One more and they assume that I'll roll over and surrender.
They are wrong.
One more denial and I start my petition for a Congressional Hearing for my son.
Apropos that this will happen in April.
No comments:
Post a Comment