Since I doubt that anyone who actually listens to Cake (the band, not the desert.) would be visiting my blog...you can watch the video here. It's an awesome cover of the Disco classic.
Woo...that was off topic.
Anyway. All is humming along rather well here in the zoo.
The shower door is installed. Yep. I did it. I am amazing. My mother-in-law even told me so. (She's coming up today to spend a couple of evenings but that's another post.)
The new shower door is completely clear. This bothers the boys a bit. The previous door was frosted.
The 8-yo keeps asking if I'm going to also put up a shower curtain.
As I stood in the shower caulking the inside rails (fully clothed), 5-yo A said, "Ummmmm....Mom? I can see you."
They are a little weirded out by this clear aspect. Just a bit.
Obviously the boys' computer is still working. It's still hit or miss on whether it will start up. I got lucky today. But, good news, the new computer is being created by the Dudes at Dell at this very moment.
Yes-siree...they are working away on it and with all hope, it'll be in my hot little hands on Valentine's day.
ZooDad "made" a souped system for me. My computer geek brother and nephew approve of all the specs. They plan to fiddle around with my old laptop to see if we can get it working again and to move the hard drive to some sort of external box so I can rescue all my files from it.
Let's see, what else
School is going great. I have no changes planned for next year. (Homeschoolers all around the country are fainting away from shock.) I admit it. I like everything we do and I finally have just about everything worked out. I did briefly entertain the thought of doing all my weekly plans on the computer but...since I don't carry a printer around with me...I decided to stick with my hand written plans.
All the curricula choices are working out. The new stuff we started this year have been good choices. The old stuff that we've been using is still working out just fine.
I do plan to do a little research into other history programs. (mainly The Core Knowledge program) but I don't really anticipate a switch.
Oh..M has finally decided that he like to read. He's officially a 2nd grader by school standards due to a late birthday but he does 3rd grade here at home. He can read well but he doesn't like to. I snagged a book for him from the school library..."Frindle." He loved it.
Anyway, all the school library books have AR stickers on them. This one's sticker happened to be orange which according to the school chart is grade 5.0-5.5. The librarian was shocked that the "second grader" read it. Had he been a student checking out that book for himself...she would have steered him towards another selection.
Can you believe that?!?!
He loved that book.
It may turn out to be the book that inspired him to love reading....and he would have missed it had he been a school student. He wouldn't have been old enough to read it and by the time he was "old enough" he probably wouldn't have been interested.
But thankfully, I get to pick out books for the boys.
And I don't worry about AR points or reading levels or passing tests.
I just want them to read and love reading.
I will Survive....hey,hey. Great song. Even better cover.
4 comments:
hey! do you know if you'll do co-op next year?
What does AR mean? Advanced Reader?
Geez! I'm with you! Glad we can pick out the books!
You forgot to show me the blanket last night!
AMEN!! Oh, that felt so good, I'll say it twice - AMEN!! Makes you want to have the book bronzed, doesn't it? "This was your first literary love..." *giggle* (I plan to get really batty as I age...)
Total computer envy over here, btw. Can't hardly comment, for all the green filling my vision. But, after the hutzpah you've shown in dealing with your computer, and the guys at the computer shop, you've more than earned it! Enjoy!
And, I hope you won't forever view me as "that one chick I hope I never run into", but I thought at first there was a band called "Humming Cake", and they'd put out a version of the song... um, really glad you explained that one, or I'd have been asking my other (also more cool than I) friends, "Have you heard of some band called Humming Cake?"
Dy
I love I Will Survive.
I lipsynced it back in college for a drama test.(I had just gone thru my divorce)
For the video, I had BIG hair, even for the eighties, red silk cami under a long tux jacket, black fishnets, 4 inch patent pumps and lots of rinestone jewelry. And believe it or not, I didn't look like a hooker. LOL Or at least if I did, it was an expensive one. :)
Post a Comment