I've broken 2 computers since Zoodad left.
Two computers and the one I'm working on is a bit "iffy." It was non-compliant yesterday but it seems to be trucking along right now. Of course, I expect that to change at any moment.
It's the biggest time of the year for me, computer wise. February is when I kick off all my paperwork for standardized testing. I coordinate that for a local support group. It's a lot of paperwork.
Lots
of
Paperwork.
Which is normally not a problem. I have cool spreadsheets that calculate payments and cost and what levels need to be ordered and how much money is needed and all runs surprisingly well.
Except my files were on the dead laptop and Zoodad's computer bit the dust Tuesday night.
Panic.
Then this morning, the boys' computer ( my third and final option) was not booting up.
(deep breath)
To take my mind off my paperwork doom, I went back to installing the shower door. that was not the best plan.
I had a small breakdown curled up in my shower stall with a screwdriver in one hand and a hammer in the other. I did what i normally do when I just can't stand it anymore...I had a long vent session with God.
Very tolerant being.
I pray in a very unusual way. I'm not reverent and I seldom ask for anything. My prayers are usually those of thanksgiving and stating the obvious. At the very most I pray for acceptance of God's will and maybe a little sign that that he's there. Just imagine how you'd cry to your Daddy as an adult. you don't want to complain and you know he can't fix it..but you just need the comfort.
It was a long, emotional conversation. I went through a whole list of things that were just getting me down.
And I felt better.
the I thanked him for all I did have. That I had three computers to break. That I had a shower stall in the first place and hot water. That I had good doctors and therapist for the kids. That ZooDad and my nephew-in-law were safe. And for all the other things, major and minor, that were good in my life.
Then I apologized for forgetting all that stuff and for letting the unimportant stuff get to me and also for forgetting that I could lay it all on Him anytime.
I told you, I pray in a very strange way.
When I was all done, I went back to my tasks. Guess what happened? The screw that was driving me crazy, went right into place. Finishing the shower door now is just a matter of buying a file to make sure the metal that I cut is smooth. Easy stuff.
ZooDad called and let me know that he'd picked out a new laptop. He planned to order it as my birthday/anniversary present but wanted to make sure I didn't need one sooner than two weeks out.
So I tried the boys' computer one last time...it booted up and connected online without a hitch.
I remembered that I had about 5 minutes of battery life on my laptop, so I quickly used those precious minutes to transfer as many files as possible onto my ipod.
Including my test file.
Then...because I wasn't already amazed enough...the boys' occupational therapist called and said that Tricare had re-approved the stuff they had cancelled. This means that I won't have to worry about that $1200 bill I was expecting. We still have to fight for future therapy but I have faith that will work out.
Why wouldn't it?
But just in case, I printed out all my test stuff. I mean, God helps those who help themselves. There's no sense in pushing the envelope. Take advantage of the blessing.
If I'm gone for a few weeks...you'll know why. I think even the Lord draws the line at fixing Microsoft errors.
3 comments:
Funny how that all works, isn't it?
Gosh, girl, you made me tear up!
My dh always tells our boys and the boys he teaches at church that praying is just like talking to go on the telephone.....nothing unusual about how you pray...He knows your heart and He WANTS you to let it all hang out to him.
P
it is said that he will meet all of our needs but when things happen in our life and we get so frustrated it is delightful when he does take care of all of our needs
angie
Post a Comment