Saturday, February 17, 2007

Cat Napper

Yesterday, I was running errand sans children and realized that I had left some important needed stuff at home. Our neighborhood has two entrances and I took the seldom used (by me) one in. Imagine my shock when I saw our cat, Max, running across the street and then plopping down in some strangers yard.

I know the cat likes to wander around but I had no idea that he was going more than a mile from our house.
So I threw the van into park, right there in the middle of the road and started calling Max to come to me using the ubiquitous "Here kitty, kitty, kitty" call.
He stared at me with the normal "I am not some kitty, kitty, kitty" look, as he usually does. So I walked up to him, picked him up, and carried him to the van. He doesn't like riding in the van so I started petting his feet (He likes that.) to comfort him some.


And I felt something.


I felt something that felt like claws.

This shocked me because Max is declawed.

It took me a second to realize that this cat was not Max.
Whoops!
Talk about embarrassment, I had almost stolen some person's cat.

I replaced the cat-who-was-not-Max back to his sunny spot and quickly headed on home hoping that no one had seen my attempted cat-napping.
When I got to my house, the real Max was waiting on the front porch, totally oblivious to his doppelganger around the corner.



I wish I could say this sort of silliness was an isolated incedient but sadly...it's just one of many craxy thigns I've done.



Oh my gosh...what would I have done with two "Max the cats."


The real Max the cat would not be amused.

Here's his highness of fuzzy fur relaxing in his favorite environment....the boys' school books.

4 comments:

Pensguys said...

ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The boys heard me laughing so I HAD to read this to them!

Anonymous said...

That is really funny. Can you imagine if the cat's owner had come out and accused you of stealing the cat? I'm so glad you share this, it's cracking me up.

Job said...

ohmygosh that is just TOO FUNNY!!!

Dy said...

ROFLOL!!!

Oh. My. That's probably the funniest thing I've read all week. I'm glad you realized it *before* you got home with him.

Dy