Friday, December 01, 2006

Yes, they're all mine.

Four children is NOT a lot.
I'm going to say that again.

FOUR is four. It's not a lot. It's not even a sacrifice. In fact, I know it's hard for some people to get their minds around this...but actually, they are an incredible gift. One I seldom feel worthy for. I feel sorry for people who think otherwise. Children are a gift.

Four BOYS are not too many. I am not "worn out" by raising four boys. It doesn't "drive me crazy." I am not "climbing the walls with that many boys in the house."
I am queen in my house. The only girl. It's awesome. If I have a head ache, I have four little boys who are worried for my well being. Four boys who try to pamper me.
And no one ever wants to borrow my shoes. (One of the boys' feet are too big for my shoes anyway.)

Yes, I am currently raising them by myself. That's also not some incredible feat. Thousands of military spouses are doing the same exact thing, all over this great country. Most of them have less family support than I do. Some of them deal with many more issues than I do.
And sadly...some of them will never get their loved ones home.

I'm not doing anything special. I'm just doing it with more than the media sponsored number of children.

Let's not even get into the homeschooling or having children with special needs. That would cause brain explosions amongst certain members of the population.

There is apparently a limit to just how much the "average soccer mom" can handle and I don't want to be that one they point at and whisper about for the rest of the season.
I love the start of a new sport season. It reminds me that ZooDad and I live in an entirely different world for the most part.

Oh...yes...and I still find time to knit. I know, I know....how in the world do I do it all?
Next week I'm wearing my "Super Woman" shirt.
One can only imagine how they would respond to a truly large family.

Lovin' the beta blogger. Have you switched?
Edited to add: I guess it's not the best idea to head off the basketball practice when you are in a right foul mood. I'll make a note of that for next week. Or at least sit next to one of the Crunchy moms.

1 comment:

Dy said...

{{{hugs}}}

I have just begun heading people off at the pass. The instant the phrase, "four kids, huh?" - or ANYthing similar, passes someone's lips, I immediately smile, laugh, and say, "Oh, yes, they're wonderful!" before these well-intentioned strangers can put one little toe into their mouths. It felt a little like I was pouncing at first, but the reduction in Stoopid Things People Say to me is SO worth it. And the smiles on the boys' faces, b/c they know I mean it, and they know what I'm doing, is priceless. ;-)

{{{more hugs}}}
Dy