Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wow, that's a lot of fish.

We took a little trip yesterday to the Georgia Aquarium. I'll write a little more about it later but I wanted to get the pictures posted.
Cow nose sting rays in the touch pond. The also had shovel head sharks in here. The boys were happy to touch the rays but would pull their hands out when the sharks got close.



Here's a small flock of Cow nose rays in the big tank. To give some perspective, the bigger ones are about 2 feet across.

The biggest whale shark. This thing is huge. 25 feet maybe. I shot this from the large window and I just barely got all of him in the frame.

Cool jellyfish shot

Cool shot of the boys looking at the jelly fish. The Medusa's on these were about plate circumference.


Cuttle fish. We watched these changing color for about 15 minutes. This guy is about rabbit size.


Better shot of one of the FOUR whale sharks. Those two big groupers were each about 4 feet long. Those tiny fish were eating size. Guess how those big whale sharks got from Taiwan to Atlanta...UPS of course. No kidding.
Leaf sea dragon. We had a big laugh over the fact that this little creature probably thought he was unseeable. "Ha, ha. I am hidden. You big mammals, you can not see me. I am so well hidden here amongst my sea kelp."

Perspective shot of the big wall. See how big the 'tiny' fish are?

Snow crabs. These things were dog size. The sign said that they could reach car size and live over 100 years. Can you imagine having something big as a car and looking like that crawling up to you underwater. (shudder)

Belugas. There are four females and two males. One of the males, Gasper, is sick and in quarantine.

There's much, much more.
I can't wait to go back. (We'll pack a lunch because the food was way to expensive.)

1 comment:

Jennie C. said...

Is this the one in Atlanta? I've been wanting to go, but it's over four hours away. That's too much driving for a day trip!