Tuesday, October 24, 2006

New socks, New cat.

I've finished a new pair of socks. Check out my knitting blog if you feel the urge to heap praise upon me. (hint, hint)

I finally took pictures of the new cat.
Here's the new girl in the family, Mango

As you can tell, Mango is also a yarn enthusiast. She's partial to Peaches n' Cream cotton. She also an aficionado for legos. Thankfully, both are in great supply here in the Zoo.

Mango will not be thwarted by yarn attempting the escape. All yarn must be hunted down and chewed on. Or at the very least batted about until it poses no threat.


She's a tri-color calico. I love the little tiger stripes she has in her ginger spots. Her tail is entirely orange and black. And lest you get envious and decide to sneak over to the zoo and steal our new littlest member.

If you have a yarn stash, you might want to think twice........

This is the cruel fate of her first ball of yarn today. Poor innocent dishcloth yarn. He had such potential. (I have no idea how she got the yarn wrapped all around the leg like that. She's clever in her torture.)

4 comments:

Pensguys said...

TOOOOOO cute and funny...hmmm...I do have a yarn stash, so I guess that will keep me from trying to steal her! ;)

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful. How's Max handling the new addition to the zoo?

Sheila said...

Max is dealing better than Mango is. She's scared of the big, black cat just sitting around minding his business. He's scared of this little white girl cat who keeps hissing at him for no reason what-so-ever.

He'll actually look at me with this "What the heck am I supposed to do?" expression.

It's a scene out of society.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just popped over here from Dy's blog.

Wanted to say how much we appreciate the sacrifices that you and your family make, and we SOOoo appreciate what your husband is doing.

I know how it feels to have your fighting man gone away from home. And it's hard sometimes, no?

So, thanks.
I'll be checking back !