The two sick kiddos are feeling a bit better. I still have to chase them both down four times a day to make them use the nebulizer.
We had our follow up appointment with the developmental pediatrician today.
After going over all the information collected and the in office testing, the doctor confirmed what I have known for a few years now.
I have two little boys who just aren't wired for this world.
Oh, they are bright, highly intelligent. On par in all cognitive and academic areas. Gifted in language and spatial reasoning. Highly inquisitive but also well below average in motor skills and articulation.
And diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome.
As much as I expected it, it still seems like I'm standing at ground zero in Hiroshima.
Even from Kuwait, ZooDad is my rock. "Sounds a lot like me when you describe it and I managed to have a career, land you for a wife, and have a family. I think the boys will be just fine."
Happy with a job and a family and having faith in God is all I've ever wanted for all my boys.
3 comments:
Awwww...what a great Zoodad!!! Yes, those ARE the most important things.
Your husband sounds like quite a blessing.
And your boys are blessed to have both of you.
He is an awesome man. {{{hugs}}}
Dy
Post a Comment