Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Haters

Beware, this is all rant. Don't let it bother you.

I just don't get haters. You know those people who for some reason live their life just to make other miserable.
I just don't understand it.
I understand not liking someone or something. I dislike lots of stuff.
But I don't go around slamming these people.
I generally just try to ignore what displeases me and if I can't ignore it.... well, I figure that's my problem to deal with.
Every now and then I vent. But when I'm venting, I know that the issue is really mine to deal with.

I got slammed a few weeks ago. It was a total blindside.
Really.
I read how this person had pigeon-holed me and it was vitriolic. I had no idea I could make people vitriolic. I've got power I never even realized. (BTW, this slam was in no way connected to any online community. This was a rank stranger.)

I spent some time (about 10 minutes) wondering what the heck I was doing that annoyed this person more so than the other thousands of people doing the same thing.
I finally decided that I really didn't care what this person thought of me. Just as I am sure that this person doesn't care what I think of them.
I could lambast and belittle this person, but there's no need. We're all entitled to an opinion.
You can sit back and steam over people who disagree with you of you can say, "Wow. Who knew that bothered you so much."

See, it's all good.

Who knew, I bothered you so much. I was just doing my thing. Feel free to do yours. You don't bother me. Don't allow me to bother you.
Don't give me that power.

No comments: