This is supposed to be a homeschool blog, so I guess I'll have to start actually talking about the homeschool part.
Today was "official-day-one-marked-on-the-attendance-form-that-is-sent-to-the-county."
Day one went by fairly smoothly. All kids were educated, fed, dressed, and loved on a bit.
We started at 9am, finished about 2:30 and that included lunch and a recess period to play Mario Mix DDR.
J is loving the new Wordly Wise 3000 book. He's a word-o-phile. He loves language. It's hard to explain just what this kid is like. He writes spontaneously and reads voraciously and he makes puns.
Today, we went by Barnes and Noble's once the day was done and picked out a few books. I grabbed the kids Illustrated version of Eats, Shoots and Leaves and J spent the rest of the evening guffawing over the pages and explaining them to his 7-year-old brother.
"Don't you get it? The Panda eats, shoots and then leaves. Instead of eats shoots and leaves. Commas really DO make a difference."
Once the big kids were done with their heavy workload, A and I did Singapore Math, Hooked on Phonics, Explode the Code, Handwriting without Tears, and started his very first FIAR book: Lentil.
Lentil is a great book to read when you don't have 4 boys and 3 harmonicas in the house. If you do happen to have any number of harmonicas in your house, it's a bad idea to even take that book off the shelf. I should have read a nice calming book like The Raft. Instead I had kids trying to see if they could suck on lemons and still blow a harmonica.
And it's just day one. Tomorrow will prove even more exciting. We're having our monthly support group board meeting at Chuck E Cheese's. Are you feeling my joy?
ZooMom---She walked on her head, a little higher than usual.
1 comment:
I had no idea there's a kids' version of Eats, Shoots, and Leaves!! Oh, the joy! (Cuz I loved the original, but, um, yeah, not handing that one to the boys to peruse, thanks.) Thank you for mentioning this!
Dy
Post a Comment