Yes, it's 2:35 am and I am up. I can't sleep. I haven't really slept in 3 weeks. I wonder why.
We're taking off tomorrow. We are driving 500 miles to visit ZooDad for a couple of days and then driving 500 miles back.
We're that desperate.
I'm behind on everything. I won't have time to get books ready for out used curriculum sale. (Though I really need too.) I haven't done any lesson plans for the upcoming year. I have ordered all the new books though and only one order is outstanding.
I haven't even sketched out a plan for the co-op class I'm teaching. The plans that are due August 3rd.
My house is a mess with scattered toys and a mound of laundry to fold.
Today, I have to take the van back to the shop to correct the problem they created yesterday during my routine maintenance. Oh yes, I am cussing up a blue streak in my head over that. I have to get the boys up at 7 am so we can be there when the shop opens.
Then we have 4 hours at the hospital for therapy. Yes....FOUR hours. My laptop battery won't last that long but I'm going to take a few things to try to do some planning.
When we finally get home, I have to clean out the van and start packing.
I have to install the new DVD players. (8 hours, 4 boys, one mom....the DVD is going to be a necessity.)
I have to get all the pets set up for my sister who has graciously agreed to handle the house for me.
I have to clean my house so I don't come home to chaos and loose my mind entirely. (too late)
And am I getting a good nights sleep so I can awaken at 6:30 all bright eyed and bushy tailed, rearing to start my very busy day......nope. I'm up at 2 am after tossing and turning for 3 hours.
Let me count my blessings so I can sleep a bit:
1. My hubby is still in county and can call me every night (I have the $155 cell phone bill to prove that.)
2. The sunflowers that set off my allergies are just as beautiful in the vase outside on my deck table as they were on my kitchen table.
3. The mound of laundry is clean thanks to my nice new washer and dryer.
4. None of the pets have died of old age yet and my sister is happy to come take care of them while we are gone.
5. I found a car DVD player with 2 screens for only slightly more than ZooDad's cell phone bill.
6. I got birthday money and bought a cool knitting book.
7. We have enough money to travel to see ZooDad without worrying about finances and we can stop and explore without feeling guilty.
8. We're all healthy.
9. ZooDad got body armor and a helmet that fits.
10. My van should be a quick, free fix.
See all is not gloom and doom. Maybe I can catch a little sleep before the alarm sounds.
Night y'all.
1 comment:
I don't even know you, but enjoy your blog. When you didn't post I wondered if your guy had shipped out. Glad he's still here and safe.
Lisa at
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/HopewellMomSchool
Post a Comment