Monday, May 22, 2006

Total lack of motivation

Today is shot.

Totally shot.
I don't feel like doing anything. at. all.

school kids are out, so the boys are playing in the front yard. They'll have plenty of time for school once ZooDad is gone.

I really need to do housework, but I have no real desire too. The kitchen is trashed from yesterday's cake making. (Spongebob cake for my step-great-niece.) laundry is reaching Everest proportions. There are three boxes of school books in my dining room and more on the table. And my to-do list is getting scarily long.

So what am I doing? Absolutely nothing. I'm not even knitting ZooDad's boot socks.
I had to scrap up motivation to post this.

I think this must be time for my monthly crash. It happens. It just is happening at a bad time. I have way to much to do.

6 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

Y'know, sometimes it's OK to just do absolutely nothing! Rest and re-charge your batteries...the work will always be there. Lifting up a prayer that your heart will be encouraged and revitalized.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your husband. For strength for you while he's gone. And for you to be able to rest when you need to.

Just Nancy said...

Sometimes we all feel this way. I usually don't even write about it in my blog. I think it's pretty brave to put it out there and good for you for at least recognize that it might be a monthly thing.

I hope taking some time off will make you feel better and I'll pray for you.

Stacey said...

I'm sorry you're crashing today! I don't know all that's going on with you but I know it's gotta be tough. I'll be praying that your energy level will rise and you'll feel completely refreshed!!

Spunky said...

I agree with Cindy. Sometimes doing nothing is the best something to do. Go ahead and avoid the laundry and mopping for a little while. Trust me, it takes a few days for the spiders to discover the piles and walk away with the socks. (Yes, that's where they all go. How else do they make their webs?)

Hang in there. We've all been where you are. I'm praying for you, your Army soldier husband, and your four little warriors. Thank you all for making the physical sacrifices for our nation.

Bethany said...

I too, will be praying for you and your family. I completely understand you not wanting to do anything. It will pass....

Just remember, God loves you and yours more than you could ever imagine!! Know you are being lifted up in prayer by those who have read this blog!