I hope I didn't disturb anyone with my hooting and stomping this morning.
We got a bit of good news.
First, I'm sorry that I've dropped off the blogging Earth. We've been busy with deployment preparations.
ZooDad was due to leave us on the 3rd and not return until October 2007. Today, we get word that he will have another 2 week class here at the post in town.
YAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
He has to report on the 18th instead...unless we can get that week of leave approved. (cross your fingers, pray, and hope for us.)
We spent the weekend building.
Zoodad tore down and rebuilt the dog fence. (We had to move it to make way for the new play fort/swing that we are building.) The dogs' fence had to be done before we started repairs on the big fence between our's and the neighbor's yards.
I spent the time building what S called, "A little house just for me" that sits on top of a new play fort/swingset. Pictures will come later, once the whole structure is finished and the yard is tidied up. Some people have orderly sites with no trash, debris, with tools all neatened up and all that.
We aren't those people.
I also micro-managed ZooDad's fence building and pointed out branches that needed to be cut. (It was a very important job. ZooDad has a tendency to whittle full grown trees down to a single stick and leaf.)
Laundry is still behind but we have clean clothes. The house isn't quite what I wanted for clean but it will keep the health department away.
We're in the middle of summer reading programs and that's helping our weary brains a bit.
I'm even have my own twaddle reading to enjoy.
We just rejoined the pool that has a great children's area and wading pools.
And two more weeks of ZooDad.
I couldn't ask for more...except that week of leave. That would be the icing on my cupcake.
3 comments:
woo hoo!!!! yippee skippee!!!
I'm doing my Snoopy happy-dance for you!!!!
I am glad that you have a little extra time with your hubby! I want to commend you and your hubby for the service towards our country, it is appreciated and admired. I will be bookmarking your blog and checking in to see how you are doing! Blessings to both of you!
I hope you'll be able to enjoy your time with your hubby before he goes. And thank him, for us, for the job he's doing. K?
Post a Comment